Thursday, October 6, 2016

I RAN!!!!

Happy Thursday, everyone!  I had a PT appointment this morning and was expecting the usual routine of lots of different PT exercises that assess my strength and fatigue my hip/core muscles. But after my therapist assessed the strength of various hip muscles, she decided today was the day for me to try running!!!!  It's a very gradual return to running as I walked 4 min @ 3pm/ran 1 min @ 5pm x 4, but I will take what I can get!

I have been feeling pretty down about the length of my recovery so it's nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel!!  She gave me some new exercises to add into my routine and cleared me to do the walk/run combo every other day for a week and then if I am feeling ok, I can shift to walk 3 min/run 2 min, and then we will go from there!

It's been nearly 8 months since I last ran, but it sure felt good to run for 4 minutes!

So it's an especially happy Thursday for me!!!!!!

11 comments:

Charbelle said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! That feeling of first being back, even when it's just a few minutes, nothing compares!!!! This is awesome!!!

Leigh said...

Woo hoo! So excited for you!

Carolina John said...

SWEET!!! Starting out with speedwork intervals might seem harsh but we have to play along with those phisio's. Very cool!

Gracie said...

Oh my gosh what awesome news! So happy for you! That's a big milestone and I know such a relief for you. It will probably feel a little weird at first but just think - no more pain when running. So amazing.

Jeanie said...

Lisa, all your hard work is paying off! Congratulations!

The Many Thoughts of a Reader said...

Wahoo! We are running at the same pace hahah. I'm so happy for you. Hopefully your hip holds up!

Amber said...

Yahoo!!! So so so happy for you :)

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

Yay!! I'm happy for you; that's wonderful news!!

katielookingforward said...

NICE WORK!!!! Sorry for the super late response, I'm trying my best to keep up, but internet time has been minimal for me lately.

Linda said...

HIGH FIVE

San said...

Hooray! You ran! Since I just commented on your other post keeping my fingers crossed for a return to running, you probably noticed that I am catching up on blog posts because I was MIA for the last couple of weeks.... :) So happy to hear this though.